Bring a Sherpa* on your run!
Road, trail, mountain or mudder, these lightweight men's shorts will carry all your gear. No pack, no separate belt, just run with our new Sherpa Shorts v2s!
- Carries all your running essentials - 1L water, phone, gels and more!
- Hyper-stretch mesh for bounce-free comfort
- Four reconfigured pockets with key holder – NEW for v2!
- Handy pull tabs with detachable race bib holders – NEW for v2!
- Super lightweight 78gsm fabric with 4-way stretch and DWR coating
- Reflective detailing for safer night-time running
- 6" in-seam and reversible drawstring holes
- Composition - 80% nylon, 20% elastane
"Perfect for long training runs, shorter trail races and ultra events with a large amount of gear and minimal bounce ... revolutionary because it combines shorts and running belt." - Ultra168
So what's new in the Sherpa Shorts v2s? Let's hear from T8 co-founder John Ellis on the cool features:
And check out this review from Middle of the Pack Runner:
- We use Asian sizing. If you have large quads, are looking for a more comfortable fit, or are used to western sizing, consider going up a size.
- Sherpas are designed with no inner liner so pair with our T8 Commandos men's running underwear for a super comfy, guaranteed chafe-free experience. Bundle and use discount code 10FOR2 for 10% off - and both come with our 30-day satisfaction guarantee!
- Men looking for a shorter racing short can consider the ladies version. It works surprisingly well and looks sharp too.
- Pull your Sherpas over your belly button - grandpa style! - then tie the drawstring tight and pull it down over your hips for minimum bounce. Inside and outside slits allow it to be tied inside or outside the waistband.
* While colloquially known as elite mountaineer guides, Sherpas are more accurately a major ethnic group in the eastern regions of Nepal. We believe in giving back so 1% of profits from Sherpa Shorts website sales will be donated to the Himalayan Trust Nepal to support their fabulous work. HTN was established in 1960 by Sir Edmund Hillary and provides holistic community-led sustainable development in the Solukhumbu district, with a particular focus on healthcare, education and earthquake rebuilding.
Very happy with the Short Sherpa but it would be necessary to integrate a brief .. My size is 31" but I took M(32-33") . The next one will be in L because the belt folds and I have a hard time putting the flask on.
I have 5 pairs of shorts and 6 commandos so I like the products. Very light, comfortable and with lots of pocket space. Over the last year they have been given a hammering over many hours on the trails in the heat and humidity. I have had one issue with the commandos 100% non-chaffe claim - I don't agree with that. I tried the first couple of long, hot, sweaty runs and chaffed a bit so I still use a bit of grease for the long stretches. Not a big deal. One blue pair of shorts has suffered quite a bit of colour fade but they have been worn and washed a couple of times a week most weeks. I'd recommend them to others, especially in hot conditions.
The tabs to help access the pockets are a great addition, but reducing the length of the rear pocket is a step backwards. I can fit my waterproof into the rear pocket of my v1 shorts comfortably, not so in the v2. Personally I would prefer to have longer pockets on the front and back with smaller (or no) pockets on the sides. The materials and construction are great, and the lack of a 'secure' zipped storage pocket isn't an issue for me as I just use the drawstrings to secure my keys. Not perfect (fingers crossed for v3), but still the best running shorts out there.
The Sherpa shorts are the bomb. Ive ran with a separate fuel belt for years but no more. I love the integrated pockets, they are just enough for my regular 50km plus runs. I tried 1 pair and now have 6 pairs ready, one for each day of my 6 day race in Adelaide this year. Awesome product, no chafe when worn with T8 commandos.