Doing Our Bit ✅
We've met many runners over the years and they are generally great human beings who want to do the right thing for their communities, the environment, and especially those less fortunate. That's our belief as well, and we're blessed that T8 gives us a platform to help create change - in our own little ways.
Save the Planet
Global warming is real and we all need to make changes, which will collectively help to save the natural environment.
In the T8 office, we strive to minimise waste, including re-using shipment boxes at least twice. We started our RERUN programme to repair and refurbish secondhand Sherpa Shorts for Hong Kong refugee rehabilitation-via-sport charity, RUN.
All T8 packaging is designed to be minimal, avoids glossy printing, and uses recyclable or compostable materials like kraft card, recycled tag pins, and petroleum-free compostable polybags that are certified EU EN 13432 and US ASTM6400.
Where possible, we use recycled materials in our products, like recycled polyester microfibre (from PET bottles) in our neck gaiters. Our Sherpa Shorts and Commandos fabrics are certified OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 Class 2, so free from harmful substances. As a smaller company with less resources and supplier options, it's not easy, but we all need to do what we can.
Invest in People
Trail communities are inclusive. Everyone is invited, and we take care of each other, regardless of your gender, race or culture.
It's the same for us. T8 is an equal opportunity employer with equivalent pay for men and women. We want to grow with our staff and provide flexible hours to maintain a healthy life-work balance. Everyone gets a voice and we make key decisions together.
We also support some amazing charities, organisations, trail races and runners via fundraising events, sponsorship, donations and volunteer work.
Some of our faves include:
- RUN - a Hong Kong based charity that supports and rehabilitates vulnerable refugees though their sports and education programmes;
- Trail Running Association of Hong Kong - focused on the promotion, education and sustainability of trail and ultra running, as well as supporting local community projects;
- Asia Trail Girls - inspiring and motivating women in Asia to join the trail running community, and become confident runners; and,
- Himalayan Trust Nepal - provides holistic community-led sustainable development in the Solukhumbu district, with a particular focus on healthcare, education and earthquake rebuilding.
- Care2Run - a Malaysian non-profit focused on transforming differently-abled young people in under-privileged communities into future leaders through sports, with a great review of our Sherpa Shorts too!
Of course, none of this would be possible without our loyal customers - so 🙏BIG THANKS🙏 to you - and please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any suggestions on how we can be better!