Beat the summer sun with our runner designed-and-tested Neck Cooler, featuring a comfortable stretch ice pocket and adjustable snaps. Simply add ice cubes for 30-60 minutes of heat-beating running comfort, or flip over for a colder icy hit! Trail tested in the hot and humid Hong Kong summer!
- Great for running, hiking or any hot outdoor activity
- 30-60 mins of cooling with flared opening to refill on longer runs
- Flip over (ice pocket opening on inside) for extra cooling
- Adjustable snaps fit most necks (32-41cm circumference)
- Features artwork by Hong Kong artist, Yvonne Chan
- Composition: 98% recycled polyester, 2% spandex (UPF100+)
Instructions: Fill the T8 Neck Cooler with regular freezer or supermarket ice, then wrap around the back of the neck and fasten with the snaps at the front. The fit should be comfortable but firm, and can be tightened for bouncing or melted ice. As the ice melts, flip the bandana so the ice pocket opening is against the neck for thinner insulation and better cooling. When the ice is finished, remove and pocket. Machine washable.
Can this help my running performance in the heat?
1. "Neck-cooling during exercise improves repeated sprint performance in a hot environment without altering physiological or neuroendocrinological responses. Rating of perceived exertion is reduced and may partially explain the performance improvement." https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2015.00314/full
2. "Cooling the neck increased the time taken to reach volitional exhaustion by dampening the perceived levels of thermal strain." https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21214352/
3. "Cooling the neck via a cooling collar can improve exercise performance in a hot environment but it appears that there may be a thermal strain threshold which must be breached to gain a performance benefit from the collar." https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20694731/